Remember how I said that when I travel I go for comfortable basics + great shoes (heels on this trip, ’cause there’s not much walking around) + jewelry? This is what I meant (and what I’m wearing for today’s events, plus a sweatshirt).
Here’s the outfit I started out in last night, post-awesomely relaxing Happy Hour…
…and here’s what I changed into after I realized that I was going to freeze on the walk over to the restaurant (did I remember to pack a jacket? I did not!). Well, this plus a sweatshirt.
My Go-To Travel Wardrobe:
- Comfortable, relaxed-fit tees
- Jeans with some stretch to them
- Snakeskin heels, obviously (make sure that the heels go with pretty much everything, since you won’t want to bring more than one pair for a short trip. Animal prints, to me, are basically neutrals, and I’m happy to wear them with everything from solids to stripes to florals.)
- Flats or flip-flops (for the plane and walking around town)
- Big, patterned scarves
- A pretty dress, just in case
Look 3: LOFT tee, H&M scarf, Mavi jeans, Nine West heels, Rebecca Minkoff purse, Juicy Couture sunglasses.