Fall is all about enjoying the leaves, the amazing weather, and the bazillions of fun outdoor activities (up next for us: pumpkin-picking)… so when it comes to autumn attire, simplicity is everything.
One of my favorite easy looks for fall: floral denim paired with a cozy sweater and heels.
I’ve gotten a bunch of questions about how to wear floral denim, and the answer is that there are tons of fun ways – it’s not as tricky a piece as you might think.
- When choosing floral denim for fall, go for a darker base (like the navy pictured here), which works better for cool weather. Bonus points if they’re a little on the cropped side – shorter is better right now.
- Don’t be afraid of print-mixing: as long as the size of the prints is different (wide stripes on top with a small floral print on bottom; a blouse with tiny polka dots paired with large flowers on your jeans), it’ll work.
- As a general rule, neutrals (like the slouchy grey sweater I’m wearing here) pair easily with floral jeans, but if you want to try color match your top to at least one color in the pants, whether that’s the base color or an accent.
Likewise, fall is a nice time to reexamine (and streamline, if need be) your skincare regimen. I’m still in the midst of my Simple Skincare all-day, every-day experiment, to see how my skin responds to beauty products made specifically for sensitive skin (so far, so good), and here’s what’s sitting on my bathroom sink right this very moment:
- Moisturizing Facial Wash (I loved the Refreshing Facial Wash Gel for summer, but am trying out a product with a little extra dose of moisture in preparation for the fact that I turn into an alligator every winter)
- Vital Vitamin Day Cream SPF 15 (it’s hard for me to remember to put on sunscreen when I’m not, say, at the beach… so an everyday moisturizer with SPF is a must for me all year ‘round)
- Eye Make-Up Remover (always, always, always)
How are you planning to switch up your style and skincare routine for fall?