Thank you so much to everyone who showed up at last week’s Red Carpet to Redbook event in Grand Central!
I had so much fun. (And it seemed like you guys did too, which is fantastic.)
There were makeovers and massages and henna tattoos and all sorts of great things to play with, but where I spent my time was at the “closet” we put together to showcase some of our favorite fall trends.
(Here I am at the event, extolling the virtues of a pair of burgundy loafers from Old Navy.)
In case you missed it, here’s a rundown of some of my favorite fall trends:
1. A Little Bit Of Leather: Of course leather jackets (or “leather” jackets; click here for a bunch of selections under $50) are fantastic in the fall…but right now a huge trend is using leather as an accent. Think leather panels on a jersey dress, a silk blazer with leather sleeves (I love mine), or leather pockets on a great pair of jeans.
2. Denim Day-To-Night: A great denim button-down is a wardrobe essential, and the perfect piece to add a little interest to a casual outfit, or to dress down something fancier (click here to see how I styled a denim button-down with a cocktail dress while pregnant).
3. Easy Elegance: My #1, hands-down favorite fall trend? The structured, ladylike handbags we’re seeing everywhere (I own the J. Crew bag pictured above in black, and these days I carry nothing else). I especially love versions with little retro accents like snap closures. They easily go from work to weekend, and add a lovely hint of elegance to even the most casual outfit.
4. Colorful Cords: Remember the rainbow of denim we saw all summer long? Well, now we’ve made the jump to corduroys in gorgeous jewel-tones. Try them with a crisp white button-down and flats for day and with a tank, statement necklace and heels for night.
5. Cap-Toes and Cheetahs: Animal prints have totally made the jump from “trend” to “staple” (at least in my book), but right now we’re seeing tons of cap-toes on shoes. I especially love a solid-colored pump with a metallic tip like these Elizabeth and James beauties.
6. Oxblood Overload: Apparently it’s the new black. This color is everywhere right now, popping up on belts, bags, jackets…and these really, truly spectacular Mary Janes. Want.
Product info after the jump.