Yeah, florals are an obvious pick for early spring. But there are so many fun ways to take the old standby of floral-blouse-and-jeans outside the box. This look, for example, feels very non-boring to me.
Let’s take a look at why!
1. Boyfriend-style, cuffed jeans rather than the more expected skinny or bootcut pair.
2. Extra-boho details on that gorgeous Sanctuary blouse (crochet and blousy sleeves).
3. Mixed patterns (snakeskin with florals? Why not?).
4. Extra pops of color, like that grass-green purse (by the way, the Foley & Corinna Mid City remains one of my very favorite picks for an everyday go-to bag. If you’d like to wear it year ’round, I’d suggest red over black or brown – it’s so much more interesting, and goes with more than you’d think).
5. A mix of rugged and uber-feminine jewelry, like a leather multi-wrap bracelet and a delicate Art Deco-y gold necklace.
So anyway, this is what I wore during the second segment we filmed on Wednesday.
Want to see what else I wore?
But that’s another story.