…all of these things happened:
- Bought cookies to bring to one of my best friends, who just gave birth, and left store without box.
- Returned to now-five-blocks-away store for cookies.
- Went to the wrong hospital. Twice. With a very grumpy baby who did not care one whit that he was about to meet his new BFF in tow.
- Went home.
- Cried a little (see: aforementioned grumpy baby).
- Chopped onions for dinner, put onions on stove, and promptly forgot about onions’ existence.
- Burned onions.
- Picked up pan full of burned onions with wrong side of oven mitt.
- Burned self.
- Dropped onions on floor.
- Wrangled two highly excitable dogs away from onions and into bedroom.
- Forgot to turn on flame underneath pasta.
- Required approximately six times the normal amount of time to make dinner as a consequence.
Oh, and then I was all, you know what? Tonight has really sucked. I think I’ll use one of my fancy skin-brightening pads so at least I look pretty when I wake up tomorrow.
But I couldn’t open the packaging, so I tried to peel it apart with my teeth…
And gave myself a plastic cut on my lip. Which, in case you’re wondering, is the equivalent of a paper cut, but made with plastic, and even less fun. And so I came to the conclusion that I was completely over everything, and went to bed at an embarrassingly early hour.
The only good thing that I have to say about last night is that it is not happening any more.