1. My mug looks cuter than I do at the moment.
2. We just watched the premiere of this season’s The Bachelor last night, and I want to know what I was thinking, not watching every second of every other previous season ever. Kendrick and I were literally on the edge of the couch going “PickJennapickJennapickJenna” during the rose ceremony. You know what sounds fun? Buying that treasure of a girl drinks and listening to her talk. About anything.
3. My gel manicure has grown out quite a bit and really could stand to be redone…but it has still not chipped. I want to give it a hug.
4. Part of the morning routine we’ve established involves settling into the rocking chair around 9AM and listening to classical music while we (or at least one of us) gets ready for a nap (yes, we’ve already been awake for long enough to require a nap). It’s my favorite part of the day.
5. A great side-effect of having a baby – there’s so much time during which you can’t do anything but sort of just be there. Like during middle-of-the-night feedings, or the aforementioned rocking chair time. You can’t check e-mail, can’t watch TV, can’t really even talk on the phone…you just do whatever it is that you’re doing. And I feel like maybe it’s been years since I’ve done that. I remember the feeling from sitting on the back of a motorcycle during long road trips (when the scenery is boring and all you have to do is hold on): it’s amazing how much thinking you get done when thinking is all you can do.