These pictures are from my bachelorette party: that’s me entering – and winning, obvs – the beer-chugging contest at Tortilla Flats. My prize: tequila shots for the entire party! Woot.
The schedule for my bachelorette:
- Friday night: Meet at Tortilla flats for drinks, end up riding the bull at Johnny Utah’s (my mom was AMAZING).
- Saturday: Pole dance class at S Factor followed by a sushi dinner and dancing at…I think it was called Mansion? Not a big club girl
- Sunday: Bridal shower that I actually cried through part of because I was so dead tired. But happy!
A bachelorette/shower idea I totally love: Reader Olivia from Lovelyatyourside wrote me about something called an “Around-the-Clock Bridal Shower.” Here’s how it works: Each guest is given an “hour of the day” and asked to pick a gift corresponding with that hour. 8AM could be, say, a coffee maker, 9PM could be a martini shaker, and 3AM could be…something a little more awkward to purchase.
How to throw an Around-The-Clock Bridal Shower:
1. Make a list of everyone who’s guaranteed to attend, and assign them hours of the day (can be random if you like, and doesn’t have to be all 24 hours). As additional guests RSVP in the affirmative, you can assign them the other hours of the day.
2. If you have a large guest list and a couple of guests that you’re not sure will attend, consider assigning them the same time of day so that the bride is more likely to receive a gift for each hour of the day (if she gets two gifts for the same hour, all the better!).
3. Send personalized invitations to guests indicating their time of day and explaining the concept of an Around-the-Clock Bridal Shower.
P.S. I’m wearing a vintage plaid onesie-jumper thing here. I love it, and you can’t convince me otherwise.