Seriously, it’s the most romantic place ever. If you’re anywhere in the general area, you have to go. The house is a historical landmark, which means that it looks like it just arrived from the turn of the century, and is filled with crystal chandeliers, gold-framed mirrors, fireplaces, sparkle lights, and vintage stoves. And the place is run by the absolute nicest owners in the world. And is conveniently located within walking distance of one of my favorite day-trip spots in the area.
And – oh, yes – there’s breakfast.
- Get a beer and the Shepherd’s Pie at Yesterday’s Restaurant & Pub
- Go to Frazzleberries for beautiful tables, chairs and benches made of reclaimed farmhouse wood
- Browse the shelves at The Book Store on Main Street (I came home with a copy of Press Here)
- Check out the clothing sale racks at Blue
- Stop into Forever Jewelers to gaze at custom engagement rings (and a nice selection of vintage pieces)
- Drive out to the Iron Forge Inn for amazing upscale pub dishes in a (very) romantic setting
- Hit up Applewood Orchards for some tastings (and apple-picking, if it’s the season)