Presenting: the perfect special-occasion gift for someone who loves delicious meals as much as they love beautiful jewelry.
Alexandra Moosally’s rose gold and pave diamond necklaces feature tiny, intricately detailed fruits and vegetables inspired by the hours the designer spent in her grandmother’s garden and kitchen as a child, and make stunning graduation, Mother’s Day, Christmas, or any-old-time-at-all presents.
The necklaces range from about $600-$800 – for specific pricing info and to order, contact reps here. And RG readers receive 20% off of any order through December 10, 2011 using the code AMGLAM – just include the code in the email when you place your order.
And! Alexandra was gracious enough to send over her very own recipe for Spaghetti with Clams (after the jump). I’ve been looking for a good, easy pasta-and-seafood recipe, and will be trying this one out ASAP.
ALEXANDRA MOOSALLY’S SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS
4 lbs cockles or small littleneck clams, cleaned
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup clam juice
1/4 cup white wine
10 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 lb spaghetti
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
2. While the water is boiling, combine clams, water, clam juice, wine, and 4 tbsp oil in a large saute pan. Cook over medium heat until clams open wide (about 5 min) and transfer open clams into a bowl. Do not use any clams that remain unopened after 10 minutes.
3. Strain juice through a sieve into a bowl and set aside.
4. Reserve approximately 10 clams in their shells for garnish; remove the remaining clams from their shells and discard the shells.
5. In a large skillet, heat the remaining 6 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the parsley and garlic, then add the tomatoes. Increase the heat to high and cook, stirring once or twice, for 2-4 minutes.
6. Add the clams (both shelled and in shells) and 1 cup reserve clam juice to the skillet. Remove sauce from heat.
7. Cook the pasta in the salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, then return the pasta to the pot and immediately add the sauce with clams. Cook over high heat, tossing to combine and adding more clam juice (and 1-2 tbsp olive oil, if needed) to moisten, if desired, for 1 minute.
8. Season to taste with salt and serve immediately.
Product sample generously provided by designer.