Our apartment has pretty much zero storage space, so I’m not one of those people with baking pans for every purpose lying around. Usually, I just end up improvising with whatever pan comes tumbling out of the cupboard when I open it.
Some general rules for how long cakes need to bake in different sized pans:
- Two 8″ round baking pans: 35-40 minutes
- Two 9″ round baking pans: 30-35 minutes
- Two 9″x9″ square pans: 25-35 minutes
- Two 8″x8″ square pans: 25-35 minutes
- One 13″x9″ pan: 30-35 minutes
Caveat that I should probably have considered during baking of Chocolate Zucchini Cake: When making a recipe that specifies an angel food or bundt pan (in other words, a pan with a hole in the center), be careful about substitutions, as recipes that call for these types of pans may require that heat be distributed in a certain way.