Confession: I hate carving pumpkins. Hate it. But I love the end result (I carved one yesterday afternoon for an upcoming JITH segment), and I also love that this traditional autumn activity provides you with a truly fantastic (and easy-to-prepare) snack.
1. Clean the seeds well, removing all pumpkin strings and pieces.
2. Boil the seeds in salted water for about ten minutes (or soak them overnight).
3. Toss the seeds with a small amount of olive oil, and add your desired seasoning (I went for garlic powder and sea salt, but you can also try chili powder and lime, curry seasoning, cinnamon and sugar, or red pepper flakes).
4. Spread seasoned seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
5. Bake at 300F for about 40 minutes (keep an eye on them, as small seeds may brown more quickly than large ones).