Inspired by a dish that I had at Italianissimo the other night, this simple, hearty pasta is perfect for a cozy night in.
What you need:
1 large chicken breast, grilled and shredded
1/2 box dried (or 1 whole box fresh) pasta
1/2 cup diced fresh mozzarella
2 large handfuls spinach, wilted in a little olive oil (just saute for a minute or two over low heat)
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 cup white wine
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt & pepper to taste
What you do:
1. In a large pan, saute onion and garlic in a little olive oil until onion is translucent (about 8-10 minutes). Add the wine and let cook down until the smell of alcohol is gone.
2. Add the tomatoes to the pan and let simmer about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. I used perciatelli because that’s what I had laying around, but for this dish I actually recommend smaller, thicker pasta; it’ll hold onto the sauce and chicken better.
4. Stir the balsamic vinegar and sugar into your sauce, and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add the sauce, spinach, and half of the mozzarella and toss for a few seconds, until coated.
6. Serve sprinkled with the rest of the fresh mozzarella cubes.
If You Like This, Try These: