The menu for Friday night’s BBQ with Mom & Dad:
- Blue cheese-stuffed burgers (Tip: mix some crumbled blue cheese into the ground meat, but also stuff a little extra into the center of the burger for a melty, delicious surprise)
- Perrrfect Potato Salad (recipe after the jump)
With my beautiful mama.
We BBQed in the courtyard of Mom & Dad’s apartment building (where we’ve also held many, many other events, including our engagement party, my birthday party earlier this summer, and a quite lovely staging of the balcony scene in Romeo & Juliet, directed by a 12-year-old yours truly).
PERRRFECT POTATO SALAD (makes approximately 6 generous servings)
What you need:
8-10 red potatoes
1/2 cup mayonnaise (or more to taste)
2 tsp fresh chopped dill
5 hard-boiled eggs
Salt & pepper
What you do:
1. Peel potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces. Boil about 10 minutes, or until tender but not falling apart.
2. Peel eggs (I just hard-boiled them in the pot along with the potatoes and let everything cool in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or so) and dice.
3. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, eggs, dill, mayonnaise, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Toss together with salt & pepper to taste.