This carrot bread is just the tiniest bit sweet, and hearty enough to start your morning off beautifully. Ever had a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Wholesome Morning Muffin? It tastes almost exactly like that, and would taste even more exactly like that were you to throw a little coconut into the batter before baking (ooh…next time).
What you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Mix first 6 ingredients together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Let cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the rest of the ingredients (from flour on in the ingredients list). Pour in the carrot/sugar mixture and stir to combine.
5. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 min-1 hr, checking for doneness with a toothpick.
6. Let cool before slicing, and serve with a little whipped cream, just for fun.