1. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is the best. It’s a cult-y product (and I’m usually skeptical of those), but I gave it a shot, and it’s a dream: it’s great for chapped spots, dry cuticles, unruly eyebrows…everything. (I’m also addicted to the Eight-Hour Cream Lip Protectant Gloss, which is intensely moisturizing without being gloppy.)
2. Dior DiorShow Mascara: I used this mascara for years, and just came back to it because a makeup artist I worked with a few weeks ago declared it “a perfect mascara.” And it totally is: it works equally well for daytime (2 coats) or a big night out (lots more coats).
3. Lipstick Queen lipstick in Saint Eden: Red lipstick is my go-to all year ’round, but is a must in wintertime, and this color is perfect. Seriously, try it. It’s perfect. (And not dry at all, so it’s great for alligator-y winter lips.) If you’re wary of the red-lips thing, click here for some easy tips to make the look work for you.
4. Nature’s Gate Glow Lotion (I use the one for light skin tones, because I am a ghost in the wintertime): This product moisturizes while creating a super-natural faux tan that you can build gradually through daily use, and dries quickly enough that you don’t have to wander around your cold house naked for too long, which is a nice little bonus.
5. Dove Frizz-Free Shine Cream-Serum: Cold weather can create serious dryness and frizz, and this product smooths hair without weighing it down.
6. Saran Wrap and Vaseline: When my hands or feet get really dry and chapped, I slather on Vaseline, wrap them in Saran Wrap, and then sleep in cotton gloves or socks. Sounds annoying; really isn’t all that bad.